Reading has been found to have several mental health benefits. Some of which include:
- Stress reduction: Reading can provide a temporary escape from the stressors of daily life, helping to relax the mind and reduce feelings of anxiety and tension.
- Improved mood: Reading can lift your mood and improve feelings of well-being.
- Increased empathy: Reading allows you to understand and relate to characters and their experiences, which can help develop empathy and understanding for others.
- Improved cognitive function: Reading can improve cognitive function by stimulating the brain and keeping it active, which can help delay the onset of cognitive decline.
- Increased vocabulary and comprehension: Reading improves vocabulary and comprehension skills, which can enhance communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Increased imagination: Reading stimulates the imagination, which can help to boost creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Improved sleep: reading before bed can relax your mind, helping you to fall asleep faster and sleep better.
It is worth mentioning that not all types of reading materials have the same benefits, it’s important to select the right one based on your needs and preferences.
Check out our catalog of physical materials here; you can search based on keyword, author or title.
Digital items can be accessed from home and are available here.