We have reopened our doors to the public and are continuing to operate our normal business hours, Monday – Saturday.
Facial coverings of the nose AND mouth, hand sanitizing as well as temperature scanning are all required upon entering the building. Returns continue to only be accepted in the outdoor book drop. All items returned will not be removed from your account for about 5 days as they will be in a mandatory quarantine period to ensure they are safe for circulation. To be sure you do not incur overdue fines, please return items by the due date.
As New York State moves forward with reopening plans, so will the Mechanicville District Public Library. As we push forward into our reopening plans, patrons will be allowed the following:
- No appointment is necessary, although we do require you to wear a mask. If you can not wear a mask, we require you to make an appointment with our Director to use our library. We require that upon entering the library, you use the hand sanitation station & take your temperature before proceeding into the library collection.
- We will continue to offer Contactless Curbside service.
- Inter-library loan service is up and we are receiving and sending materials to our neighboring libraries.
- Library materials still need to be returned to the outside dropbox. Upon returning, please note that all library materials will be quarantined for 5 days.
- Computer stations are open and on a first come, first serve basis. We currently have six stations available due to COVID-19 social distancing.
- Library services such as copying, faxing, printing and notary are all available.
- Meeting Room Space is open only to single visitors doing school work/research. Due to social distancing restrictions, we can only allow four visitors at separate tables each day. For this reason, we must limit use of the room to Mechanicville District Library Patrons only. Reservations are required to use the room. A Room Request form must be filled out and approved prior to the day of your visit. Visitors must sanitize, wear a mask at all times, complete a COVID-19 questionnaire and temperature screening on the day of their arrival prior to using the space.