If you still need a library card, they are free of charge for all, but a parent will need to stop in and sign your application. You can start the process here.
Finding quality health insurance that fits your budget is important for you and your family. On-site enrollment is offered twice monthly here at the Library. If you have questions, or want to know more about these plans, contact Nicole Fillmore at 518-641-4153 or Nicole.Fillmore@cdphp.com
1. Medicaid is a health plan for people with little to no income. CDPHP offers Medicaid Managed Care coverage in 16 counties in upstate New York. If you’re an adult between the ages of 19 and 64, and you live in New York, Medicaid Managed Care might be a choice for you. You might also be able to receive Medicaid Managed Care if you are:
- Pregnant or have an infant
- A child between the ages of 1 and 18
- A parent or caretaker
- Receiving supplemental security income (SSI)
- Not eligible to receive Medicare
2. Essential Plan is an option for people who don’t meet requirements for Medicaid. There are four types of Essential Plan coverage, with each plan based on income and other factors such as immigration status. Premiums for Essential Plan coverage are either $0 or $20, depending on your income.
CDPHP offers the Essential Plan to residents of 16 counties in New York. If you’re between 19 and 64 years old, live in New York, and do not already have health insurance, you may be able to have Essential Plan coverage.
3. Child Health Plus coverage is for children up to age 19. To get Child Health Plus, a child must be:
- A resident of New York State
- Without access to New York State employee health insurance plans
- Ineligible for children’s Medicaid
Regardless of your income, Child Health Plus is an option worth looking into for your child’s health care coverage.
It’s important to note that with any of these plans from CDPHP, you’ll get free routine checkups and screenings, superior customer service, and resources to help you stay at your best mentally and physically.